Our mission is research, application and education in the grand challenges of Modeling, Virtual Environments and Simulation (MOVES).
The institute operates both independently and in collaboration with various US Navy and defense modeling and simulation centers to:
- carry out basic and applied research
- analyze continuing modeling, virtual environments and simulation programs
- create advanced prototypes
- develop real technologies and applications for the defense community
- Research Directions
The research product directions for the institute include
- 3D visual simulation
- networked virtual environments
- computer-generated autonomy
- human-performance engineering
- technologies for immersion
- defense and entertainment collaboration
- evolving operational modeling
The MOVES Institute’s open houses are held each August at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA. Click here to see the presentations given this summer at Open House 2002.
The Open House 2001 presentation slides are still well worth your interest.
Download the PDF of our profusely illustrated brochure, describing MOVES’ organization, mission, and projects.